Monday, January 03, 2005

Women of Faith, Part One

There are some women who have been very influential in my faith walk. The first one is Joyce Meyer of Joyce Meyer Ministries. www.joycemeyer.org/ I used to say, "I wouldn't be caught dead working the Day Shift." Then I got sober, and someone suggested that I come to the Day Shift, and I said yeah, that is what I need to do; that is a change I need to make. So, the first day that I got up early to go to work, I turned on the TV at 5:30 in the morning, and said to my self, "what am I going to watch at 5:30 in the morning?" I started flipping through the channels, and stopped on a woman who was talking about God. I began to listen to her. She had stuff to say that was about me, and how I was, and had been. She pointed to God's word, and then talked about Enjoying Everyday Life, and I loved it, and needed it, and I still do. Her ministry has become my church in every way. Don't get me wrong, I still get plenty of face to face fellowship at my 12 step group. Her and I did many of the same things before we started believing God for our lives, instead of believing ourselves. Thank you, Joyce, for making my life better, and more spiritual. Today, God is with me in almost everything that I do. Thus, I do have work to do, because He needs to be with me in everything that I do, not almost everything. Stay tuned for the next Woman of Faith on my list. You never know, it may just be you! Peace for the New Year, and God Bless everyone who reads this, Jacy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home