Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Women of Faith, Part Two

The second woman who has touched my faith walk is Beth Moore. Beth Moore was introduced to me this last Fall when a friend invited me to a Bible study. As I sat and listened to her talk, I wondered how she got so much energy. Her energy came from the Lord God. The name of the Bible study was "Believing God". We started the Bible study with a 5 point pledge of Faith. 1. God is who He says He is. 2. God can do what He says He can do. 3. I am who God says that I am. 4. I can do all things through Christ. 5. God's word is alive and active in me. One of the segments of the program when Beth was speaking, she was trying to show us how we "wear" our shame and guilt. She had several jackets with letters on the back of them, and asked some women to come up on stage to put them on and turn around. I don't remember all of them. (I wish I would have written them down.) One of the letters was "D"- Divorced; another was "TP" - Terrible Parent; another was "DUI" - Driving Under Influence; "R"- Reproach-she took this one, and cut the letter right out of it. But before she did that, she had the women turn the jackets around so that the letters were on the inside, but none the less, still there-on the inside of us. This whole thing had such an effect on me. Thus, Beth Moore is one of the women on my faith walk who made a difference in my Faith and my sobriety.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jacy for posting all the material you did. You are an amazing woman and it is so important that you write your experiences. Over the course of time many people will be helped by what you wrote.
I am anxious to see your continued spiritual growth, as I shared in the Beth Moore Biblestudy with you last fall. There is another Beth Moore Biblestudy study planned for February through April; it is entitled "Jesus, The One And Only." I took this study once, actually it was the first Beth Moore one I did, and it is excellant.
Thank you again for your openness and love for God shown through people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home