Thursday, October 13, 2005

Create Your Own Small Victory(v)

I don't know about you, but one of the things that I need to have to keep going sometimes is "small victories". For example, last evening I emptied the clothes hamper, washed everything in it (except one thing). I then hung it to dry, or put it in the dryer. This morning when I got up, I took 5 minutes out of my morning routine to fold the clothes in the dryer, and hang up any that were dry off the rack. My washer is empty, my dryer is empty, my hamper is empty, and my clothes baskets are empty. For me, that is a small victory. What a great feeling!! "Normal" would have been to walk around the basket of clean clothes for 4 or 5 days, and then have more to put in it. And eventually, fold it all and put it away. Lately, my finances are not in a desireable position. I am wearing the "G" on my back. It could be worse. It could be a "B", or an "F". It is only a "G". But I am wearing it. Turn it around, and I would still be wearing it on the inside. (Refer back to post on January 4, 2005 for more information about these letters.)

Today, I will wear the "v" on my back, and make an effort to wear the "G" on the inside. As time passes, the "G" on the inside will no longer be there, even when I am still in it, I won't have to wear that "G". But that will take me some time. I don't forgive myself quickly. God has forgiven me a long time ago, and He is saying, "lean on Me, I am your Rock."

May you have a "big" small victory today,

Jacy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home