Saturday, April 16, 2005

When it comes to life, how do you know when you finally grow up?

Recently, I told my counselor that I finally felt like I knew who I was. I am 43 years old. It is about time that I knew that, don't ya think? So what is it that happened that made me feel that way? Was there a sudden bolt of lightening, a divine revelation from God saying, "you are finally grown up, My child." It was when I no longer was afraid to be me. It was when I could finally answer the question, "who are you?" It was when I stepped outside my own box, and took a look at myself the way others do. It was when I didn't try to be someone else, but just me. So, you say, what exactly did happen then? A while ago, when I was at work, I realized that I handle a certain situation a certain way. I realized that it is okay for me to handle that situation that way, and that my handling of that situation is unique to me. It is no one elses, but mine. Recently, a friend of mine's mother died. When I was at the funeral home, a woman whom has many characteristics that I envy, walked in ahead of me. I paused at the back of the funeral home, and waited my turn. That woman talked to the friend in a certain way. As I stood back watching, I realized that I am not like that when it comes to death, but that I am the way I am, and IT IS PERFECTLY OK TO BE THAT WAY!!! WOW!! To think of all the effort and hard work I could have saved my self in the years past trying to be someone else, or beating my self up because I can't handle a situation like so-and-so. Today, I am comfortable in my own skin. And that feels right to me. What a concept! Peace and God Speed, Jacy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home